Monday, February 2, 2009

End of Winter?

What is the day going to bring? Lil Phil comes on out of the hole, and decides whether of not we have 6 more weeks of winter. Here in California, it has been 60-70 degrees during the day. Not exactly winter weather... the flowers are thinking, hey, lets bloom. But my gut tells me, that we have another cold spell in our future. The trees are getting little buds and my fear is that this cold spell will kill the crop.

Winter is my least favorite season. Shades of Green- spring. I thrive during that time of year. Of all the seasons, spring is my favorite. I love the fresh bloom of the flowers. The butterflies, ladybugs.. kids playing in the front yard. I feel so re-freshed. Is it ok to wish for the season to come early? This past winter has been so draining. Mentally, emotionally. I am exhausted. I need to feel revitalized and re-newed. I need to see the beauty in the world again. Things are so harsh in the winter.... makes me sad.

1 comment:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

I think we need some more winter..like rain...but other than that....come on spring.