Monday, May 31, 2010

The mother at McDonalds..

You brought your child, perhaps 4 years old into the play area. Then went back into the dining area, to the very back and pulled our your computer. You sat down, with your back to the play area. And this situation continued for almost 45 minutes.

During this time, your son... bullied other kids. Stole food off other peoples tables and was not behaving. For quite a while, no one even knew he belonged to. I was tempted to call the police.

It was not my job, nor was it the job of the other parents to "watch" "control" or otherwise maintain the safety of your kid. So when I finally asked inside the dining area who the child belonged to... for you to claim he "was fine" was not only frustrating but ridiculous.

Yes, the room is enclosed. The doors are emergency, so bells will sound. But have you really considered, how long it takes to grab a child and bolt out one of those doors? I am frustrated, upset and bothered that a parent could be so unaware about their child.

1 comment:

Debbie T said...

My husband and I had a similar experience the other night. We watched a father hit his son (about 11 yrs old maybe?)in the head, and I mean hit him hard. Then he grabbed the child pinching his cheeks between his thumb and forefinger. This was totally unacceptable to us. Chris wanted to say something to the guy, but instead, I DID call the police!!! Why anyone thinks they need to neglect and/or abuse their child is beyond me and I despise it, so believe me, I get your frustration!!