Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Original thoughts.. random moment

It seems in life, there are people who regardless of how hard they try, they cannot have an original thought. They will copy and mimic people, and utilize their creativity as their own. Sometimes, it is the small things, that really seem to matter the least that will drive you completely insane. I am being vague. I know.. but there is a person, she is a acquaintance.. not a "friend" who it seems, copies a lot of other people. It could be a comment, a pattern used or something basic.
It was not till recently that I discovered, she had copied something of mine. Claimed it as her own and I don't know, in a way, knowing this has been done, taints what was special to me. I know, most people would say.. who cares. Move on. But this person is like nails on a chalkboard to me and this just adds to the frustration I feel.
-----------------------------------------------------

On to other things:

Been working on my Goddess Knits Anniversary Shawl (2010) for the past 3 weeks. I am so excited how it is coming along.
I am about 1/2 way through the 3rd clue and feel great about the progress I am making. 1 year ago, I started my first lace shawl and it was by the same designer I felt insecure in the pattern and using yarn that thin. Now, it has become pretty easy.
Here is after the 2nd clue:






I had hoped to have it completed faster, but hey it is lace.. a fickle and frustrating lover. lol

-----------------------------------------------------------

School is almost out for the 2 oldest kids. I cannot believe that my oldest will be in 3rd grade and my sweet girl will be starting Kindergarten. Where does the time go? How are they growing up so fast?? I am going to miss this stage, feels like it went by way too fast!


No comments: